WHAT: Los Angeles’s premiere Leather & Fetish bar The Eagle will host the inaugural Off Sunset Festival which spans over half a mile and is expected to bring over 5,000 East Side residents and visitors together for a day of merchandise, art and novelty vendors, gourmet food trucks, beer and liquor trailers and live bands and DJs at an outdoor street festival in the center of Silverlake. www.offsunsetfestival.com/
WHO: Line up as follows:
- Imperial Teen (SF/LA ) – Indie pop ft. Roddy Bottum (Faith No More). (Merge Records)
- Pansy Division (SF/LA ) –Legendary godfathers of Queercore punk rock. (Alternative Tentacles)
- Hunx and His Punx (SF/LA ) –Bratty bubblegum punk pop ft. Seth Bogart (Gravy Train!!!!) & Shannon Shaw (Shannon & The Clams).
- Frightwig (SF) –All-Female punk rock from the 80s.
- Local Channel (LA) – Silverlake indie/electronic shoegaze.
- BC (LA)– Silverlake stoner sludge metal.
- Black Sabbitch (LA) – The All-Female Black Sabbath Tribute.
- Victor Rodriguez & Chris Bowen (LA) – Cub Scout & Bears in Space.
- Steve Cunningham (LA) – Eagle & Akbar.
- Leonardo GloVibes (London) – MEGAWOOF.
- John LePage (SF) – Lookout, Bearracuda, Groove Records.
WHEN: Sunday July 7, 2013 11AM – 9PM – Tickets $15 adv / $20 at the gate. Free drink ticket with advance purchase. Tickets available at http://www.showclix.com/event/3769430/tag/search, 21and over.
WHERE:The Off Sunset Festival will take place on Santa Monica Blvd from Hoover to Sunset in the heart of Silverlake, 90029.
WHY: The Off Sunset Festival is much more than aleather-clad, booze-soaked, rock ‘n’ roll bacchanal. As part of the Off Sunset Association Community Grant Program, OSA will be awarding a series of grants to selected nonprofit organizations that offer services and programs in Silver Lake and surrounding areas. Other organizations the Off Sunset Association is working with include the L.A. Rebellion rugby team, The Trevor Project, Friends of Project 10 and Project Angel Food. This spirit of philanthropy is at the core of the organization’s mission. Said OSA member Hunter Fox, “We spend time in this incredible section of Los Angeles, and we want to give back. It is our goal to support beautification, art and youth programs with an emphasis on the LGBT community. Not only will this new street fair be an exciting day of music, culture, art, food and fun, but it will also bring a way for us to offer our support for the place and people we love.” The Off Sunset Festival is a love song to our beloved Silver Lake.
ABOUT THE OFF SUNSET ASSOCIATION
The Off Sunset Association is a group of individuals who live, work and play in the Silverlake area. It is with great affection for this diverse community that we are launching the Off Sunset Festival. We own businesses here. We frequent the local restaurants and bars. We spend time in this incredible section of Los Angeles and we want to give back. It is our goal to support beautification, art and youth programs with an emphasis on the LGBT community. Not only will this new street fair be an exciting day of music, culture, art, food and fun, but it will also bring a way for us to offer our support for the place and people we love.
Off Sunset Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization who raises funds for its community grant program through the production of the annual Off Sunset Festival. The OSA grant program reinvests funds into Silverlake and its neighboring community supporting beautification, art and youth programs with an emphasis on the LGBT community.
# # #